Melbourne Prize for Urban Sculpture 2023
Generously supported by major patron, The Vera Moore Foundation
ENTRIES ARE CLOSED.
The Prize will be awarded to a Victorian sculptor to provide the winner with direct professional development opportunities to develop their practice.
Entrants must provide information on how the Prize funds will be used for a clearly defined initiative/s or project/s that will develop the entrant’s practice, building on their previous professional work.
Artists practicing in expanded fields of sculpture, including public installation, new media, performance, sound-based and socially engaged practice are welcome to apply.
Application is encouraged from artists at all stages of their practice, including First Nations people and artists from all genders and cultural, linguistic and diverse backgrounds.
To enter a resume outlining the entrant’s previous or current professional work and experience must be provided, along with images of previous, current or planned work, and how the Prize funds will be used to benefit the entrant’s practice – click on the link below to go to the Entry Form.
This year finalists will NOT be required, as part of the judging process, to produce an artwork for exhibition at Fed Square.
An augmented reality exhibition of finalists will be available at Fed Square from November 1 to 15, along with a digital catalogue. This will provide information on each finalist and their practice, plus interviews and images of their work.
The $2,000 Civic Choice Award 2023 will be available for public voting from 5 September when the finalists are announced – see Key Dates.
The sum of $1,000 + a $1,000 Qantas voucher will be made available to the non-winning finalists, which is generously supported by Fed Square.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO ENTER THIS PRIZE
- Individual artists or groups can apply for this Prize in their own right or be nominated by an agent or private individuals.
- Entrants MUST be a Victorian sculptor, an Australian citizen or permanent resident and a resident of the State of Victoria.
- All members of a group entry must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident and a resident of the State of Victoria.
- A maximum of four (4) finalists will be announced on 5 September 2023 at melbourneprize.org
- This year finalists are NOT required to produce a work for exhibition at Fed Sqaure. An augmented reality exhibition of finalists and a digital catalogue will be available at Fed Square from 1 to 15 November.
- The four selected finalists will be eligible for the Civic Choice Award 2023 – voting will open on this website on September 5, with the winner announce don this website on November 16.
- The recipient of this 2023 Prize will be announced to the media and on this website on 15 November 2023.
ENTRY MATERIAL REQUIRED (please go to the Entry Form).
- A resume including a summary of the individual entrant’s or group’s professional work, plus photographs.
- Information on how the Prize funds will be used on a clearly defined initiative/s or project/s that will develop the entrant’s practice, building on their previous professional work.
- Where an entry is by nomination, a commendation of the entrant must be provided by the nominator.
For assistance or information regarding entering the Prize, please call the Melbourne Prize Trust on (03) 9667 8199.