The Entry Form provides all the information required to enter the chosen categories. An entry fee of $45 (including GST) is required for each category entered. For assistance please call the Melbourne Prize Trust on (03) 9667 8199. The three categories for entry are as follows:
- Melbourne Prize for Music 2022 – $60,000
- Beleura Emerging Composers Award 2022 – $20,000
- Professional Development Award 2022 – $10,000 (+ $1,000 Qantas voucher)
BEFORE COMPLETING AN ENTRY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
- Late entries will NOT be accepted. The Entry Form will close at 5pm sharp on 11 July 2022.
- Individual musicians and all group member entrants, in all categories, must be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident, and resident of the State of Victoria.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entry can be made individually or by nomination by an agent or other.
- One or more categories may be entered or nominated.
- The Melbourne Prize Trust reserves the right not to accept an entry or nomination that is deemed be a conflict of interest with the judging panel.
- The Trust can request further material or information from an entrant or nominator.
- If any part of the entry process has not been adhered to, the Melbourne Prize Trust reserves the right not to accept an entry.
- All entries will be handled in accordance with current privacy legislation in a secured online environment and only be seen by the judging panel.
- Copyright of entered work remains with the entrant.
- The entrant or nominator must ensure that they have all copyright permissions and any other relevant authorisations relating to an application before entering.
- Entrants in all categories warrant they do not violate copyright of or any other right in relation to the work of another and will not defame any individual or group.
- The Melbourne Prize Trust, with the permission of the entrant or nominator, may request the use of the finalists entry material for media, promotions or exhibiting during the competition period.
- The value and criteria of each Prize and Award is stated on the website and in the entry form and cannot be varied. The Prize or Award funds will be made available to the category winner, who are advised to seek professional advice regarding their GST or other tax obligations concerning their winnings.
- During the judging process a procedure will be in place to handle any conflict of interest should it arise.
- Where there is a conflict of interest, eligibility issue or an information request that has not been compiled with, or is such other circumstance as the judges determine in the judging process, the Trust reserve the right not to accept an entry or allocate the Prize or Awards. The entrant will be notified prior to the announcement of finalists and the entry material returned.