USING THE ENTRY FORM
The Melbourne Prize for Literature 2021 & Awards Entry Form provides all the information required to enter the chosen categories. Please read the GENERAL ENTRY INFORMATION below and click the ENTER NOW button to go to the Entry Form. An entry fee of $45 (including GST) is required for each category entered. The three categories available for entry are as follows:
- Melbourne Prize for Literature 2021
- NEW Professional Development Award 2021
- The Writers Prize 2021
GENERAL ENTRY INFORMATION
- Entry in all categories can be made by the author in their own right or by nomination by publishers, agents or private individuals.
- More than one category may be entered.
- The Entry Form will close sharp at 5pm on July 19. We advise not leaving it to the last minute to submit an entry.
- Work submitted for each category must be the author’s original work.
- Work that has only been published on the internet, or is self-published is not eligible for entry.
- Plays and screenplays entered must be commercially produced.
- All work submitted in any category must be in English.
- If the entry process has not been adhered to the Melbourne Prize Trust reserves the right not to accept an entry.
- All entries and material will be handled in accordance with current privacy legislation.
- All communication, including acknowledgment of entries and the entry fee receipt, will be via the email address provided in the Entry Form.
- Copyright stays with the author of the entered work.
- All entrants, or entries via nomination, will not violate the copyright of others’ work or seek to defame the character of any individual or group.
- The prize categories will be awarded according to their specified criteria and value and cannot be varied or shared between finalists.
- An entrant or finalist may not contact a judge regarding a decision on any category.
- The Melbourne Prize Trust reserves the right to use entry information, where applicable, for the purposes of making announcements, media activity or promotions, also via the internet, associated with the 2021 competition. At all times, prior consultation will be undertaken with the finalists and winners to use their information.
- Prize, Award or fee recipients should seek professional advice regarding their GST and tax obligations.
- Where there is a conflict of interest, eligibility issue, or information request that has not been fulfilled, or in such other circumstances as the judges determine in the judging process, the Trust reserves the right not to accept an entry or allocate the Prize or Awards. The entrant will be notified prior to the announcements and the entry material returned.